- 5 slices bacon
- 1 large shallot
- ¼ cup Dash ‘N Drizzle peach white balsamic vinegar
- 2 firm, ripe peaches*
- ½ Bermuda onion, thinly sliced, pole to pole
- 3 handfulls (about 4-5 ounces) baby spinach
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grape seed or other mild oil to brush peaches
Place skillet on medium heat.
Add bacon to skillet and cook until crisp. Remove to a paper towel lined plate.
Add Shallots to skillet and lower heat to medium-low, and cook, stirring occasionally
until tender, about 5 minutes. (You can take this a step further and increase the depth of flavor by caramelizing the shallots… cook over low heat for approximately 30 minutes.)
While shallots are cooking, cut the peach into ½ inch wide slices.
Brush the peaches lightly with oil and season with salt. Cook for 1-2 minutes per side, or until dark grill marks appear.
Remove shallots from heat. Stir in vinegar and pepper to taste.
Place spinach in large bowl and scatter onion on top. Pour dressing over the top, add bacon and peaches and toss well to coat.
Serve and enjoy!
*Note: try to find freestone peaches… they are much easier to cut up than cling peaches!
Please follow and like us:
- 8 cups arugula (3 large handfuls), washed and dried
- 2 Ripe but firm peaches (freestone if available)
- 1 small Bermuda onion, sliced pole to pole
- 2 oz fresh goat cheese
- Optional: ¼ cup toasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- Grape seed oil or other mild flavored oil to brush peaches, or just use cooking spray.
- 1 pork tenderloin approx ¾ lb
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1/8 cup Dash N Drizzle white peach balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp white balsamic, white wine or apple cider vinegar
- 1 small shallot, grated using the large holes on a box grater
- 1 medium garlic clove, grated using a rasp, or the small holes on the box grater
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
Mix all ingredients in plastic bag.
In a small bowl, mix all ingredients and whisk to combine.
Slice tenderloin in half crosswise to create two steaks. Pound out to ¾ inch thickness and score a criss cross pattern on the surface. Place pork pieces in plastic bag with marinade and manipulate bag to coat pork thoroughly with marinade. Let rest at room temperature for 45 minutes, turning bag occasionally.
Pre-heat grill or grill pan to medium high heat. Oil the surface of the grates, or grill pan.
Remove pork from marinade after 45 minutes and place on preheated grill or pan.
Grill for approx 3-4 minutes per side, or until it reaches an internal temperature of 135-140 degrees.
Remove from heat and let rest 10 minutes before slicing. Slice into ½ inch slices across the grain.
Place marinade in small pan and heat until reduced to a thick syrup.
Slice peaches into ½-3/4 inch wide wedges. Spray with non stick spray, or brush with oil, sprinkle with salt and place on grill.
Cook over medium high heat 1-2 minutes on each side. Just enough to get nice grill marks.
While pork is cooking. Place arugula in large bowl, crumble goat cheese and add to bowl. Add onion and nuts, if using. Toss in grilled peaches. Add dressing and toss to coat well.
Place salad on serving plates, add pork, fan out pork and drizzle with pan juices.
Serve and and enjoy!
Please follow and like us: