- 1 1/2 cups spelt flour
- 1 cup rice flour
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 ounces applesauce or 1 egg slightly beaten
- 1 ripe banana mashed
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 3 apples, peeled and cored
- 3 pears, peeled
- 1 Tablespoon “butter” olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon pear balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon tapioca flour
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9 x 13 inch oven proof glass baking dish with non-stick spray. Combine batter ingredients in a large bowl using 1/4 cup milk. If batter is too dry, add more milk, a little at a time, until batter is firm but not loose or watery. Spread batter in baking dish.
Cut apples and pears into small cubes yielding approximately 3 cups. Toss with remaining topping ingredients. Let sit for 5 minutes and drain liquid. Spread topping on batter and bake for 30 – 40 minutes or until tester comes out clean in center. Set aside to cool. Serve with ice cream, non-dairy coconut ice cream, or coconut whip below.
- 1 15 ounce can organic coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 to 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
Chill coconut milk in the freezer for 15 minutes or more, careful not to freeze. Separate out the coconut cream and transfer to medium bowl. Add honey and vanilla. Whip with a hand mixer for 3 minutes until thickened. Refrigerate for several hours to thicken more.